Join Nineke on Facebook!






Poetry: Dear Johnny



Dear Johnny,

You’re it kid. You’re the one I wanna be with.
And I know it’s me as much as it’s everything else
And if it aint perfect, we just can’t commit.

Baby you’ve got to meet me halfway.
Are we even on the same page,
I sometimes wonder…

You came into my life that night
And I couldn’t even tell right away
If you liked me, but I left with a new crush anyway.

So calm and self-assured,
You looked into my eyes
And settled my nerves.

But didn’t I know it; I could’ve told us both
Soon I’d be sliding down that hill
The devil on wheels would have more control
Than me
And I don’t even know what I’m holding onto
Except that I can’t let go
Do you have any idea how many there are?
Of course you don’t.
You don’t want to know
Cause if you had to think about it,
you’d have to fight back the basic urge
To grab me by my hair
Throw me over your shoulder
And lock me away somewhere.

Well hell, Johnny
I wouldn’t mind it.
At least that’d show you cared.

Man, so many I tell ya…
I spend my time with all these boys
Stupid boys, loud, funny, nice old chums

Sophisticated, well-dressed, and
Polished old farts, young really
But fuddy duddies at heart

I don’t have a phone but you can
Bet your bottom dollar
I’ve got plenty of gentleman callers.

I spend time with boys I could whip, abuse, and destroy
They’d do anything, anything
Let me get away with everything

I spend time with meanies
Grouchy, disheartened playboys
Who beg for hugs and kisses

Well-to-do horny toads
That for all their good sense
Still don’t know why I don’t like them

There’s that one and this one too
Who always felt we had a little something
And would, if they had the chance to, stop at nothing…

And there’s Mister Mister, oh so far away
Well that’s another letter
For another day

You see the point I’m trying to make
Johnny, do You see
What I’m trying to say?

I don’t really care, not for one of them
Not the way I care for you
And it makes me such a fool

To keep hoping
That one day
This dream’ll come true

So what if everything’s always a mess?
If I really wanted to I could fix all of it
I always get around to it anyway

But Dammit,
Johnny!
Damn you!

Damn your stupid requirement height
Damn your lazy eye
And your beautiful, hidden smile

Damn you cause I never know
Where you are until you’re here
And I never know for sure if you’ll come back again

Damn you, Johnny!
What’s it gonna take
For me to make you stay?

Signed with Love
Always,
Your Silly Girl


copyright 2009