Join Nineke on Facebook!






Poetry: Cloudy Blue Skies



The clouds today
in the Earth's blue sky
layer down all around
Across the the horizon,
in every direction
for as far as the naked eye
can see
I noticed this optical joy
from the start
of my four-hour ride
It seemed as though
the sky could not hold
the speed with which
the clouds had grown
and for their part,
it looked to me,
like the clouds had decided
to compete
with one another,
to come down here
and kiss the trees
But the beauty was
how they engaged in their game
so leisurely
and I thought of you
and I thought of me
when I woke up
half way through
hour three
I saw you as great
as the earth, and every tree
upon its surface,
and I was as eager as each
and every cloud
highlighted by the sun
to drop down
a loving kiss
upon each one
So I set about
to write this out
as though words
could ever
really say
what I saw today,
or how it made me feel
Like I could ever
make you know
what you mean to me
Till I realized that
maybe you were the  clouds
and I was the trees
Regardless
it didn't make any difference
Because just like nature
We're going to be
whatever we are,
perfectly


copyright 2010