Join Nineke on Facebook!






Fiction: STFU



Paperback
        “Oh, shut the fuck up,” Linsey rolled her eyes. “Steel might make you think you’re somebody important ‘cause you’re his girl and shit. But everyone knows I still run things here, and you’re last in rank.”
        “All right bitch,” Lisa said, crossing her arms. “What the hell are you on about right now?”
        “As far as respect goes,” she declared, “it comes with rank. There’s Steel, TJ, Me, Rob, and Tanya,” Linsey spoke their names slowly, counting each one off on her fingers as she went, “and then you.”
        She put her thumb and index finger together and tapped an invisible point in the air. “See, sweetheart you’re dead last.” Linsey made a fake smile.
        Bitch.
        “I think Sammy might even come in before you. None of us owes you a goddamn thing. Just ‘cause you’re in his pants right now doesn’t really mean anything.”
        “Don’t talk to me like that,” Lisa said, taking a step forward.
        “I’ll talk to you anyway I want. What you don’t even know is that I’m actually trying to help you. Ha!” her laugh was deep and sarcastic. It sounded like she was talking over her, and doing it on purpose.
        Lisa didn’t like it.
        “Not anymore,” Linsey said. “You can just learn the hard way now. And you will too. You’ll fuckin learn.”
        “What the fuck are you talking about?” Lisa asked, aggravated.
        “There are lots of things you don’t know. TJ, Me, and Tanya were around way before you first heard Steel’s name. Then you come around trying to fucking reform him. Save all that ‘let’s go to class’ shit for your buddy with the Acura. ‘Cause I know what’s going on there. You can’t have both of them,” she told her. “If you’re with Steel then you show him and the group respect. You gotta give to get. You don’t even sell! All you do is preach to him while you’re fucking somebody else. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t give a shit who you fuck. I don’t give a shit what goes on with you and Steel. But you don’t get to come at me about respect when I’m the one with the dirt on you. You’d better be careful, Princess.”
Lisa shoved her, and Linsey shoved back.
        Lisa hit her in the face. Linsey hit back right away.