Join Nineke on Facebook!






Poetry: The Man Who Looks Like You



On the train
there is this man
who looks like You
He has
Your beard used to annoy Me
so rough
on My lips, My face
Looking back now
it was a beautiful thing
the rigorous exercise,
the righteous
strain of loving You
through My mouth
His bottom lip is not so
quite
like Yours
but close enough
His shaggy hair
makes Me miss You,
when You were Mine
and I wonder
if I ever really felt like
You were Mine
If I could go back
I would
touch Your face
every chance I got
(I'd tell You)
I'd tell You I love You
more
than this whole world
and kiss You
 even more often
than all the time
But You're gone now
and I know
You're not coming back
I hold out hope
but it slows me down
So
I get off the train
and leave behind
the man who looks like You

copyright 2010